Menu Close

ABOUT US


PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero), Tbk (hereinafter referred to as “BNI” or “Bank”) was originally established in Indonesia as a central bank under the name “Bank Negara Indonesia” based on Government Regulation in Lieu of Law No. 2 of 1946 July 5, 1946. Furthermore, based on Law No. 17 of 1968, BNI was designated as “Bank Negara Indonesia 1946”, and its status became a State-Owned Commercial Bank. Furthermore, BNI’s role as a Bank which is mandated to improve the people’s economy and participate in national development is confirmed by Law No. 17 of 1968 concerning Bank Negara Indonesia 1946.

Based on Government Regulation No. 19 of 1992, on April 29, 1992, the legal form of BNI was changed to become a Limited Liability Company (Persero). Adjustment of the legal form to Persero, stated in Deed No. 131, July 31, 1992, was made before Muhani Salim, SH, which had been announced in the Republic of Indonesia State Gazette No. 73 of 11 September 1992 Supplement No. 1A.

BNI was the first State-Owned Bank (BUMN) to become a public company after listing its shares on the Jakarta Stock Exchange and Surabaya Stock Exchange in 1996. To strengthen its financial structure and competitiveness in the midst of the national banking industry, BNI conducted a number of corporate actions, including another recapitalization process by the Government in 1999, divestment of Government shares in 2007, and a limited public offering in 2010.

To comply with the provisions of Law No. 40 of 2007 dated 16 August 2007 concerning Limited Liability Companies, BNI’s Articles of Association have been adjusted. These adjustments are stated in Deed No. 46 dated June 13, 2008 made before Fathiah Helmi, SH, a notary in Jakarta, based on the decision of the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders on May 28, 2008 and approved by the Minister of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia, with Decree No. AHU-AH.01.02-50609 dated 12 August 2008 and has been announced in the State Gazette of the Republic of Indonesia No. 103 December 23, 2008 Supplement No. 29015.

The latest amendments to BNI’s Articles of Association were made, among others, on the rearrangement of all Articles of Association in accordance with Deed No. 35 dated March 17, 2015 Notary Fathiah Helmi, SH has received approval from the Minister of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia, with Decree No. AHU-AH.01.03-0776526 on April 14, 2015.

At present, 60% of BNI’s shares are owned by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia, while the remaining 40% are owned by the public, both individuals and institutions, domestic and foreign. BNI is now listed as the 4th largest national bank in Indonesia, in terms of total assets, total loans and total third party funds. In providing integrated financial services, BNI is supported by a number of subsidiary companies, namely BNI Syariah Bank, BNI Multifinance, BNI Securities, BNI Life Insurance, and BNI Remittance.

BNI offers fund storage services and loan facilities in the corporate, medium and small segments. Some of the best products and services have been adapted to the needs of customers from childhood, teenagers, adults, until retirement.